MORE QUOTES …
Eb Baritone saxophone
Clear options have been made: 6 different tip openings combined with different facings. The efficiency has been privileged. It gives the player the flexibility to make it play the way HE wants.
Openings Comparative Chart
- B 260 is a 2.60 mm tip opening (102/00”) equivalent to the traditional “6” opening. Combined with a medium facing length and a progressive facing curve. Very stable with enough flexibility to vary sound colors, fast response.
Best fit with 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 reeds.
- B 285 is a 2.85 mm tip opening (112/00”) equivalent to the traditional “7” opening. Combined with a medium facing length and a soft facing curve. Great flexibility with a lot of projection and immediate response.
Best fit with 2 1/2 to 4 reeds.
- B 305 is a 3.05 mm tip opening (120/00”) equivalent to the traditional “8” opening. Combined with a medium short facing length and a progressive facing curve. This is the “universal” mouthpiece: very stable, centred pitch, small enough to be playable by good amateurs and students, big enough to put real amount of air and be playable by professionals. Lots of projection with bottom on the attack of the note, very precise.
Virtually every reeds fit, from 1 1/2 to 5.
- B 325 is a 3.25 mm tip opening (128/00”) equivalent to the traditional “8*/9” opening. Combined with a medium long facing length and a soft facing curve. Due to the longer facing curve, it brings more resistance and takes more air. (This make it feel “bigger”) The soft curve gives it a lot of flexibility. This is the best mouthpiece for the professional player that needs to use all possibilities of dynamics, sound colors and range in one mouthpiece without having to struggle too hard on a real big mouthpiece.
Best fit with 2 1/2 to 4 reeds.
- B 345 is a 3.45 mm tip opening (136/00”) equivalent to the traditional “9*” opening. Combined with a medium long facing length and a progressive facing curve. Very well balanced and efficient, it keeps a well-centred pitch with flexibility, lot of projection and a big fat low range. For the player who likes to blow a lot of air without loosing control.
Best fit with 2 to 4 reeds.
- B 365 is a 3.65 mm tip opening (144/00”) equivalent to the traditional “10*” opening. Combined with a long facing length and a progressive facing curve. Enormous sound, flexibility, projection, very fat low range, for the player who needs a total freedom of expression and is prepared to put a lot of air, having developed a good control of the embouchure/air stream balance. Plays very well on the Bass Saxophone also.
All “L BAR” ligatures fit the Baritone “Spectruoso” Mouthpiece.
Regular & Signature
Every single Francois Louis® mouthpiece is hand finished: tip, baffle, window, facing, front rail, side rails and beak.
The High End “Spectruoso” mouthpiece is the
FL “Signature” mouthpiece.
It is entirely hand finished by FL himself , signed on every mouthpiece’s table and comes with a certificate of authenticity.
It features :
- Perfect finishing of the baffle, tip, and side walls.
- Perfect connection of the side walls with the chamber.
- Perfectly adjusted front and side rails.
- Perfectly hand finished facing.
- Fine finishing of the body of the mouthpiece.
- Fine shining polishing of the beack.
Suggested 2017 Retail Prices (VAT included on European market)