MORE QUOTES …
Bb Soprano Saxophone
As for the Tenor and the Alto, clear options have been made: 6 different tip openings combined with different facings. The efficiency has been privileged maintaining a real “Soprano” character playing like a true saxophone. It gives the player the flexibility to make it play the way HE wants.
Openings Comparative Chart
- S155 is a 1.55 mm tip opening (61/00”) equivalent to the traditional “6” opening.
Combined with a medium facing length and a progressive facing curve. Very stable with enough flexibility to vary sound colors, fast response.
– Best fit with 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 reeds, Jazz cut as well as Classical cut.
- S175 is a 1.75 mm tip opening (69/00”) equivalent to the traditional “7” opening.
Combined with a medium short facing length and a progressive facing curve. This is the “universal” mouthpiece: very stable, centered pitch, small enough to be playable by amateurs and students, big enough to put some air and be playable by professionals. Very precise. Extremely responsive with a lot of projection.
– Best fit with 1 1/2 to 5 reeds, Jazz or Classical cut.
- S195 is a 1.95 mm tip opening (77/00”) equivalent to the traditional “7*/8” opening.
Combined with a medium facing length and a progressive facing curve. Great flexibility combined with stability and a well-centred pitch.
– Best fit with 2 to 4, Jazz or Classical cut.
- S215 is a 2.15 mm tip opening (85/00”) equivalent to the traditional “8*” opening.
Combined with a medium long facing length and a soft facing curve. Due to the longer facing curve, it brings more resistance and takes more air. (This make it feel “bigger”) The soft curve gives it a lot of flexibility. This is the best mouthpiece for the professional players that need to use all possibilities of dynamics, sound colors and range in one mouthpiece, without having to struggle too hard on a real big mouthpiece.
– Best fit with 2 1/2 to 4 reeds. Even if the Classical cut will play good, the «Jazz cut» will be a better fit with this type of facing.
- S240 is a 2.40 mm tip opening (95/00”) equivalent to the traditional “9*” opening. Combined with a long facing length and a progressive facing curve. Very well balanced and efficient, due to the progressive curve it keeps a well-centred pitch with flexibility, lot of projection and a big low range. For the player who likes to blow a lot of air without loosing control.
– Best fit with 2 to 4 reeds. Better fit with “Jazz Cut”
- S270 is a 2.70 mm tip opening (106/00”) equivalent to the traditional “10*” opening. Combined with a long facing length and a smooth progressive facing curve. Perfect mix of resistance and flexibility, Enormous sound, projection, very big and full low range. For the players who need a total freedom of expression and are prepared to put a lot of air, having developed a good control of the embouchure/air stream balance.
– Virtually any reed.
All “XL SOP” ligatures fit the Soprano “Spectruoso” Mouthpiece.
Regular & Signature
Every single Francois Louis® mouthpiece is hand finished: tip, baffle, window, facing, front rail, side rails and beak.
The High End “Spectruoso” mouthpiece is the
FL “Signature” mouthpiece.
It is entirely hand finished by FL himself , signed on every mouthpiece’s table and comes with a certificate of authenticity.
It features :
- Perfect finishing of the baffle, tip, and side walls.
- Perfect connection of the side walls with the chamber.
- Perfectly adjusted front and side rails.
- Perfectly hand finished facing.
- Fine finishing of the body of the mouthpiece.
- Fine shining polishing of the beack.
Suggested 2017 Retail Prices (VAT included on European market)